16 Nov Greenscape Cares: Holiday Edition 2016
As part of the Greenscape Corporate Social Responsibility Mandate, it?s important for our?team to give back and support our community at large in any way we can.
Although, the holiday season is a busy one for our team, it?s more important than ever to help those in need and be responsible members of our community.
This year, the team has chosen to support the Downtown Eastside Women?s Centre in collecting basic need items for the women and children that benefit from the Centre.
DWEC provides a safe, non-judgmental environment for women from all walks of life, who live and/or work in the Downtown Eastside.? To achieve this goal, the Centre provides supportive surroundings with meals, counseling, advocacy and programs which nurture and empower members.
Between now and December 15th, we are collecting donations at our?office. We are committing to filling ? of our Greenscape 3-ton truck full of donations.
Our team will be bringing in donations throughout the next few weeks, but we need your help too. Your contribution to our collection is invaluable, and whatever you can spare is greatly appreciated.?We also challenge our industry partners to meet or exceed our charitable commitment this year.
Some items the Centre is always in need of include:
- Blankets and linens
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Feminine hygiene products (menstrual pads, incontinence supplies ? Tena, Poise)
- Toiletries: shampoo and conditioner (travel sized preferred), new soap, hand cream and makeup
- Socks, Underwear, Bras (new or gently used)
- Coats and Rain Gear
- Women?s Clothing (new or gently used, should be clean and in good repair)
- Alcohol wipes
- Hand Sanitizer Pump Dispensers
- Reading Glasses
- DVDs, Books, Magazines
- Arts and Craft Supplies: e.g. beads and beading supplies, knitting needles, crochet hooks, yarn or wool, buttons etc.
Stop by the office anytime Monday to Friday 9:00AM-5:30PM to drop off donations and get some Christmas cheer or contact Emily in the office at 604-437-1729 ext. 3 or email@example.com with any questions.
Let us fill our community with holiday cheer, warm hugs, and a giving spirit!